Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

I've not been to the Knuckle before, so anyone with some experience there would be greatly appreciated. I am wondering if it might be in condition by Monday 13th. 


I've been looking at the Stacks Bluff forecast; not sure if there is a more suitable one. Looks like all the precipitation leading up to Monday is probably snow, rather than rain, which on a South facing slope that is mostly water ice, I wonder if this will not work well. There are strong southerly winds all week, however they seem to improve somewhat by Monday. (Willy weather less optimistic about how cold it is going to be)



  1. Hey Freddie, I've been up there a bit. It's probably worth a look. Do you know how long it's been sub zero up there for? It generally wants a couple of weeks. I'd say it will be quite thin! Let me know if you need any more info (approach etc.) 

  2. Thanks very much! I haven't managed to line up with any climbing partners anyway, so won't be going this time round. That's useful advice though, thanks for that. Would be great to get some more info about the approach, as will aim to get there at some point this winter, if its looking like things might line up weather wise.